Parent and student guide regarding school rules and regulations
Behavior reflects the academic and social progress of a student. We expect our students to behave at all times in a manner that reflects the culture, traditions and beliefs of our society and is conductive to a positive working environment. The administration and staff of Mahila Seva Samaja School believe that it is important to encourage and reinforce positive behavioural patterns and to discourage negative behavioural patterns, and rely upon parental support and cooperation to accomplish this objective.
Dress Code/Uniforms1. Students should wear clean and well ironed dress including tie, belt, socks and shoes.
2. It is mandatory for girl students to wear bloomers for all uniform skirts.
3. Students should strictly wear school sweaters.
|Monday||All Classes||Grey Uniform with Black Shoes|
|Tuesday||All Classes||Grey Uniform with Black Shoes|
|Wednesday||All Classes||White Short/Skirt with House T-Shirt and house color shoes|
|Thursday||All Classes||Grey Uniform with Black Shoes|
|Friday||All Classes||Grey Uniform with Black Shoes|
|Saturday||Class VI to VIII|
Class IX to XII
|Scout & Guide Uniform
|Yoga Uniform||IV to X||As per time table|
Students are expected to reach school by 8:10 a.m. on all week days and 7:50 am on Saturdays and to remain in school for the full school day. Those who are making their own transport arrangements should reach the campus on time.
Classes I to XII – Monday to Friday
Assembly Timings – 8:20am to 8:30am
|8:30am to 9:10 am||1st Period|
|9:10am to 09:50 am||2nd Period|
|09:50am to 10:00am||Short Break|
|10:00am to 10:40am||3rd Period|
|10:40 to 11:20am||4th Period|
|11:20am to 12:00 pm||5th Period|
|12:00pm to 12:30pm||Lunch Break|
|12:30pm to 1:10pm||6th Period|
|1:10 pm to 1:50pm||7th Period|
|1:50pm to 2:30pm||8th Period|
|2:30pm to 3:00pm||9th Period|
Classes VI to XII – Saturday
Assembly Timings – 7:50 am to 8:00am
|8:10am to 8:40 am||1st Period|
|8:40am to 9:00 am||2nd Period|
|9:00am to 9:30am||Break|
|9:30am to 10:00am||3rd Period|
|10:00 to 10:30am||4th Period|
|10:30am to 11:00 am||5th Period|
|11:00am to 11:30am||Lunch Break|
|11:30am to 12:00pm||6th Period|
|12:00 pm to 12:30pm||7th Period|
- To protect and promote the sanctity of the school by maintaining peace, order and harmony in school.
- Maintain cleanliness in the campus and also help in making our school a green school.
- Safeguard and preserve school property.
- Respect elders, teachers and friends.
- Students need to speak softly and they need to speak only in English while in school.
- Follow the general instructions given in the school by teachers and leaders.
- Attend and maintain the dignity and sanctity of the school assembly.
- Regularity in attending academic and non- academic activities.
- Attend all activities organized by the school like Literary Fest, Independence Day Celebration, Sports Day or any other activity.
- Regularity in submission of school work.
- Students should go to respective classes on time.
- Maintain corridor discipline.
- Not come out of the class without the permission of the teachers. Students are not allowed to come out of the class after each period and loiter in the corridors after each class.
Do’s and Don’ts for Girl Students
- Wear only one small stud or small earrings.
- If long hairs wear two plaits.
- Children having short hair should ensure that hair does not fall on the face. They need to wear their hair back either by wearing a band or a slide
- Have streaked hair, fancy hairstyles, leave shoulder length or long hair untied.
- Use any kind of make up during school hours.
- Wear gold earrings, bangles, chains, colorful and fancy jewellery, long or hanging earrings.
- Adorn their hair with flowers or colourful clips
- Use nail polish
Don’ts for Boy Students
- Wear caps and headgear in the school.
- Have streaked hair, long hair, long side burns or fancy hairstyles.
- Wear bracelets/chains/ friendship bands or other bands.
- Grow their beard. Boys of Classes XI and XII need to shave whenever necessary.
- No birthday parties will be allowed in school.
- No birthday parties can be held for teachers.
- STRICTLY no gifts to be distributed.
- Prior appointment should be obtained from the office, for parents to visit if other than for planned meetings such as Parent-Teachers meeting.
- If a parent has been called by the school, it is very important for them to report in the front office. No parent is allowed to go directly to meet the Teachers.
- The time of leaving the premises depends on the extra activities carried out by each student. Parents should get prior information from the children on these activities so as to avoid any concern or anxiety regarding their delayed return from school.
- Need an authorized letter from the parent for a student to leave early. Children will not be allowed to leave with a driver or another adult without an authorization letter from the parent.
Leave of Absence from school/Excuse from Physical activities
- Parents need to plan their vacation only during school breaks and not otherwise. School will surely not permit children going on vacation during school days.
- Attending marriages and other social functions while the school is in session needs to be kept to the minimum and prior permission should be sought to avail leave.
- If a child has a medical condition and has not reported to school for more than a week, the leave letter should be accompanied by a medical certificate.
- If a student is unable to participate in any kind of physical activity organised by the school because of illness, a note must be recorded by the parent to the physical-education teacher in the diary explaining the illness, and she /he will be excused. In the event of a prolonged illness, a student must produce a medical certificate and seek exemption from PT or swimming.
- If a child is suffering from any serious medical condition, a letter to the class teacher at the beginning of the year is essential and important.
STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY CELL PHONES/ IPODS/ MP3 PLAYERS OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS AND EXCESS MONEY TO THE SCHOOL AND THE SAME WILL BE CONFISCATED IF IT IS FOUND IN THE STUDENTS’ POSSESSION
Say NO to violence
We emphasise the importance of non-violence. Pushing, swearing, shoving, biting, hitting and kicking each other are unacceptable, even if done in fun. Physical assault will be dealt with severely, by suspension. It is very important that parents discuss this policy with their child(ren). The school needs parental support in this endeavour.
If a child is found bullying a child physically or mentally, the child will be counselled by the Class Teacher, Coordinator and Counsellor. If this behaviour continues, the child will be suspended and asked to leave the school.
Children cannot use any type of social networking sites to malign their friends, teachers and the school. If any child is found doing this, the immediate consequence is suspension from the school.
We request parent’s cooperation for the following:
- Do not send expensive and excess stationery or send things that are not allowed by the school and if found with the child, same will be confiscated.
- Parents are requested to approach the school for any student related incidents or queries. If there is a misunderstanding or fight amongst children, the same has to be brought to the notice of the school and please do not approach or deal with the issue directly with parents. We are doing this solely to avoid conflicts.
- Parents should report to the front office if they need to pick up their children in case of emergency. Parents are not allowed to go to the classrooms directly.
- There will be no refund of money (excursion, external exams etc) after the last date for withdrawal.
- No last minute request for leave will be entertained unless it is an emergency. Two days notice to avail leave is required.
- Parents are hereby informed that carrying of mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited in school and confiscated if a child has it and will never be returned.
The following consequences have been established for non compliance of any of the above rules & instructions
- The child’s non- compliance of the rules agreed upon will be informed to the parents.
- Regular poor behaviour by the child will cause for suspension from the School.